For Thanksgiving, I made pumpkin cheesecake and vegan pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. We are trying to slowly move into the vegan lifestyle. That and I couldn’t find fake cream cheese.
But, here are the recipes. They are so yummy. They disappeared rather quickly, so I know I’m not the only one who enjoyed them.
(I got the recipe from here, but modified it slightly)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
(Again, snagged the recipe from here but modified. I like more spice!!)
* this recipe makes 24 cupcakes, for 12, cut it in half
seriously. this will make a bunch of small/normal size muffins and several huge ones!
2 cups canned pumpkin
2.5 cups flour
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup soy milk
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
1 pinch of nutmeg
1 pinch of cloves
1/2 tsp salt
2 cup of chocolate chips
- Line a muffin tin with eco-friendly (unbleached) cupcake liners.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the canned pumpkin, oil, soy milk, sugar and vanilla.
- When this is thoroughly mixed, sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Use a fork or whisk – not an electric mixer.
- When batter is thoroughly mixed, pour in the chocolate chips and mix them in
- Pour batter into the muffin tin – filling each space about 2/3 full. The cakes will rise a lot, so don’t overdo it unless you want gigantic cupcakes.
- Bake at 350°F for 22 minutes. Let cool before you eat them!